Support Services Available From Compusource
As a Compusource client, you have access to a number of services aimed at helping you get more out of your systems and software.Having a product grow as the industry changes and technology moves forward is very important, so a key element of your service is an upgrade / enhancement program that keeps you current with the changing business environment.Just as important are the services that go around that product and help you get the most out of it.This guide outlines all of the service and support offerings available to you from Compusource.
In general, our offerings fall into three broad categories:
- Software Subscription Service: This service provides you access to all new releases, upgrades and hot fixes as they are available for a fixed annual fee.
- Software Support Services: This service gives you access to HOTLINE for calls related to software malfunctions, simple how-to questions and diagnoses of problems that may or may not be related to your Compusource system, for a fixed annual fee.
- Supplementary Services: Billed as incurred, these services include custom programming, detailed product training, hardware implementation and other consulting services.
The fixed Software Subscription Fee and Software Support Fee will be invoiced on an annual basis approximately one month prior to the period covered.Supplementary services will typically be quoted in advance and may require a deposit. The following document further lays out each of these services in more detail.
I. Software Subscription Service
This service ensures that once you purchase any Compusource applications software module, all future releases of that module by Compusource will be provided free of charge to you.In this way, as new technologies and features are incorporated into our products, you won’t be left behind, thus ensuring Compusource protects your software investment into the future.Elements of the software subscription service are as follows:
A.Installation of new Applications Software Releases
When we incorporate major new features, Compusource issues a new release of the software.We incorporate numerous enhancements into each major release derived from client input and industry research.Installation of the standard Compusource Applications Software Release during normal Compusource business hours is included with your Subscription Service at no additional charge.Installation of new Compusource Applications Software Releases always require coordination and planning, typically involve new programs or procedures, and usually require restricting user access to the software and data while the installation of the new release is in progress.Installation of a new Compusource Applications Software Release is done only with your prior approval and authorization.
B.Installation of Software Updates and Hot Fixes
Compusource Applications Software Updates are minor software releases that occur between major releases to incorporate minor enhancements, and software fixes.Installation of a standard Compusource Applications Software Update during normal Compusource business hours is included with your Subscription Service at no additional charge.Installation of a Compusource Application Software Update may impact the running of your business or may involve new procedures.In those cases, installation of a software update is done only with your prior approval.Installation of a Compusource Application Software Update may impact the function of any custom software enhancements in your software.(See Section D, Item 2 below.)
Hot Fixes are issued as required to address critical problems.Hot fixes do not change operational procedures but insure that a particular program will work as intended.Hot fixes are included with your Subscription Service at no additional charge, and are installed on an as-needed basis, in a timely manner, usually without prior notification.
II. Software Support Service
This service ensures that once you have implemented any Compusource Applications Software, you have timely access to software professionals who know your software, are experts in your industry, who can answer questions and trouble-shoot software problems and issues.
The following types of support calls are covered as standard support by Compusource HOTLINE and support personnel during regular Compusource business hours (8amET to 5pm PT, Monday through Friday):
Compusource applications software is not functioning as documented, or the software produces a runtime error and will not function.
B.Support Questions and Coaching
You have questions as to how the Compusource applications software works, or what steps you should take to accomplish a particular procedure or process.Questions and Coaching constitute discussions lasting 30 minutes or less.
C.Investigation & Diagnosis of non-Compusource applications software issues:
- Compusource personnel will provide up to 30 minutes of support services to determine if a problem is a Compusource Applications Software problem or something else;
- If the problem is not a Compusource Applications Software problem but it is something Compusource can solve in 30 minutes or less, we will provide the solution;
- If the problem is not a Compusource Applications Software problem and it is not something Compusource can solve in 30 minutes or less, but is something in our area of expertise and we can provide a solution, we will provide an idea of the scope and approximate cost of the solution;
- If the problem is not a Compusource Applications Software problem and it is not a problem we can solve, we will offer advice and will refer you to an appropriate provider of the service you are seeking.
D.Status of Support Issues
Software Support Service also covers any call to check on the status of any item (whether billable or not) free of charge.
III. Supplementary Services (Billable Items)
The following types of support requests are not covered under Compusource Software Subscription Service or Software Support.These services will be billed to Compusource clients under contract at the current support services rate, and a 4-hour minimum purchase.This rate is subject to change.
A.Coaching or Training
- Training on Compusource software of duration longer than 30 minutes will be scheduled and addressed by non-HOTLINE assigned personnel as an item of separate charge.
- Training on non-Compusource products (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, etc.) will be scheduled and addressed by non-HOTLINE assigned personnel as an item of separate charge.
B.System Administration & Hardware support (after the first 30 minutes)
The following are services of additional and separate charge:
- Questions and services related to your computer’s operating system, or related to system administration tasks (e.g. new user setups);
- Desktop administration (browser configuration, registry issues, malware, printing, user accounts, Office applications, etc.);
- Hardware installation, setup, tips and troubleshooting;
- Terminal Services or other non-Compusource applications software issues;
- Performance issues related to less than minimum hardware requirements;
- Operating systems upgrades & patches;
- Backup issues;
- Network consultation services;
C.Data Analysis and Correction
Recovery either via backup media or manual re-entry of any client data for any reason, including operator error, or hardware failure, is a chargeable service.
- Design, development, testing, implementation, or training of any custom feature added to, or standard feature removed from the standard Compusource Applications Software.
- Re-layering of custom features and enhancements into new releases or updates of Compusource Applications Software.
- Data export assistance to move data to 3rd party applications or onto other hardware platforms.
- Changes to operating system or network environments, and configurations.
- All Subscription and Support Services delivered outside normal Compusource business hours are provided at Compusource after-hours support rates.