The Job Cost system allows a detailed view of revenue and costs generated on a job or order.
Job Cost Software Features
- Any order, billed and/or open, can be viewed in the Job Cost Software module.
- Internal job numbers can be created.
- Job cost orders can be closed and re-opened and a user-defined status can be assigned.
- Job Cost Codes define categories of costing, and these can be assigned to product lines and charge codes.
- 3rd-party actual costs can be entered against a job in Accounts Payable as a distribution on an invoice line.
- Employee time can be entered in Job Cost Time Entry.
- There is a quick add mode and the totals for the day are displayed.
- Pay rates and total pay do not display unless authorization is specifically given to the user. There is additional security for who can add, change, or delete time.
- The time can be viewed in summary by day or in detail.
- There is a search mode to look for particular jobs or dates.
- There is an additional description besides the job number that be added to the time entered.
- Orders that are designated as job cost orders are available to print on job cost reports. Orders with employee time or 3rd-party A/P costs are automatically considered job cost orders.
- Detailed reporting is provided through MC Connect.
Job Cost Software Interfaces
- Job Cost Time Entry can be automatically posted to the Payroll system or run stand alone.