The Barcode module interfaces with the material allocation, production, shipping, and physical inventory functions of the software. Warehouse personnel can scan labels provided by the mill, or print in-house labels for newly received material. This label can then be scanned whenever the material is allocated to a sales or work order, or counted for a physical inventory. The information in the barcode reader is updated into the system, so manual input errors are virtually eliminated, and the time required to perform these inventory management functions is significantly reduced.
- Interface with Inventory Control, Order Entry and Work Order modules
- Produce inventory bar code labels (tags) upon receipt of materials.
- Print new labels for produced material (e.g. slit coil and sheet).
- Include detailed lot information on labels such as grade, mill, vendor, weight, heat number, origin, warehouse number, bin location, etc.
- Record inventory movement in real time via scanning item tags and warehouse locations.
- Scan barcoded labels to quickly allocate sales orders.
- Reduce time to count inventory during physical inventory updates by scanning inventory tags.
- Print barcoded shipping labels for customers. Label formats can be defined for each customer.
- Barcode offers user-definable and industry standard label formatting (e.g. AIAG). Uses Code 39 and other popular barcode formats.
- Utilizes thermal transfer barcode printers, and portable computers with laser scanners on a wireless network for real time updating of inventory information.