The Purchasing system helps you buy material at the best times and prices. More effective purchasing can increase profits significantly. This system is designed to track price changes and vendor performance, allowing you to maximize the profitability of daily buying tasks.
- Simplify routine functions such as purchase order entry and maintenance.
- Create regular, buyout and drop ship purchase orders.
- Utilize the Quick PO feature in Order Entry and/or create a purchase order directly from a sales order to streamline “buyout” procedures.
- Multiple comment lines are available throughout the system to provide special instructions, notes, etc.
- Manage import material on which ownership has been taken, but not physically received, with the “in-transit” interface to the General Ledger and Inventory Control systems.
- Provide real-time updates of inventory on hand and on order as soon as material is ordered or received.
- Suggest items that need to be considered for purchase. The Inventory Usage report calculates usage factoring history, lead times, carrying costs, times out, and current on hand and on order quantities to suggest items that should be considered and optimal quantities.
- Integrate with Accounts Payable to run a Discrepancy report. Reconcile differences between receipts and Accounts Payable invoices, as well as identify accrued payables from Purchasing. This interface posts back to Order Entry, Inventory Control and General Ledger to get accurate costs.
- Fax/Email purchase orders and requests for quotation with add-on modules.
- Use MC BarCode module to generate internal barcode labels for received material.
- Allow for average, standard, last cost, costing by warehouse, or actual costing methods.
- Update average and last costs immediately after an item is received, keeping item information current.
- Track additional costs such as freight, duty, wharfage, processing, etc., to reflect true on order and landed costs.
- Change information at any time, as well as reprint a hard copy, with on-line editing.
- Spread out deliveries with staggered receipt date orders. This allows the user to keep items on order with the vendor, know the arrival dates, but not keep the actual material in the inventory.
Reports and Inquiries
- Track purchase orders in a variety of ways, including by due date, PO number, item code, job number and vendor. See at a glance which items have or have not been received.
- Allow inquiry into open and closed PO’s by item code, PO number, job number, or vendor number.
- Provide 24 months of purchasing history within the Inventory Control inquiry.
- Show previous purchases from a particular vendor.