Point Of Sale Order Processing
The Point of Sale order processing system provides quick and accurate processing of “over the counter” type sales. A customer can walk up to the counter, purchase material and pay for it with cash, check, credit card, or on account, and walk out with the material and a receipt.
Point of Sale Order Entry
- The point-of-sale system allows a work station to be set up as a cash register where both the order and payment information can be entered, and the cash drawer can be automatically opened (with the appropriate interface).
- Upon completion of the order, the “cashier” is prompted to enter the payment information including payment type (cash, check, credit card, etc.).
- When updated, orders are “shipped”, invoiced and paid off immediately. There is no need to go find the invoice after the fact and manually pay it off.
- Day-End processing provides a “cashiers” report, which totals the cash, checks, credit card, and account sales by “register” to reconcile what is in the drawer.
- Calculate theoretical pieces, length, and weight automatically when entering items, dimensions, and quantities.
- Create special comments and shop instructions, as well as allocated material, heat numbers, and location on shop orders.
- Override default units of measure and automatically recalculate, quantities, prices and costs based on the new unit of measure.
- Interfaces with the MC Fab module, which assists salespeople in quoting/selling virtually any shape that can be defined by an equation (e.g. circles, rings, ring segments, trepanned bar, etc.). Includes userdefinable processing matrix to automatically calculate costs and sell prices for processing charges (e.g. sawing, burning, freight, etc.).
- Create cut lists for processing orders that calculate material required (including Kerf-loss) for the quantity and dimensions ordered.
- Updates other interfaced modules like Inventory, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Sales Analysis.
- Print MTR’s automatically for flagged orders with Compusource’s MC File, or provide your own “House Certification” form.
- Provides multiple branch and warehouse accounting, controls, and reports.
- Update the Open Orders file, print a picking/processing order and packing list, and then print an invoice when the order is shipped with just a single entry.
- Provide all the information necessary for the sales staff to get the order the first time a customer calls.
- Show quotes, orders and invoices, as well as stock levels, when an item is entered on an order.
- Display the customer’s price matrix automatically.
- Access inventory availability, customer credit and sales, and purchasing histories within one inquiry program.
- Flag orders needing authorization for customers over their credit limit, past due, or under gross profit level. Send the information to users or groups by electronic-mail (E-mail).